You can get support to boost the skills you need for study, work and life.
Adult Community Education (ACE) courses can help you improve your foundation skills and give you the confidence to try study or get a job.
ACE courses can help you with basic reading, writing, numeracy, computing and personal skills.
These courses are usually free or low cost. You learn in community settings with small groups of adults or one-to-one.
"This ACE course has re-affirmed me. I have realised that I can confidently ‘be myself’ when applying for jobs. I have the confidence to express myself more openly in job applications and interviews."
- Bronwyn Trebilcock, 'Pathways to Work'. Read more about Bronwyn's story.
Start your own story here
Through ACE courses, you can learn skills including:
- using a computer
- speaking and writing
- preparing to get your Ls – road rules, signs and road markings, and safety
- communication for work
- budgeting – setting financial goals, calculating income and living expenses
- basic home maintenance – safety procedures and emergency situations
- office computing skills – tables, charts, graphs, word processing and desktop publishing software, and internet.