Whether you are undertaking training with a government or private training provider, or an employer, things can occasionally go wrong.

Perhaps you are not getting the training you expected or there are issues with the workplace. Whatever the problem, there are people who can help you resolve the issue.

Problems with your training provider

If you are not satisfied with the quality or delivery of training, talk to your training provider and follow their complaint process. If you are still not satisfied, lodge your complaint in writing.

If you think that your government subsidised training does not meet expectations or training delivery is not as described by the training provider, call the Infoline on 1800 673 097.

What to do if your training provider closes unexpectedly

If your training provider closes unexpectedly, help is available to get records of your completed training, change training providers, find out about your VET Student Loan and continue training under your apprentice or trainee training contract.

For more information and to get contact details for the administrator and any other organisations you may need to contact, call the Infoline on 1800 673 097.

Problems with your apprenticeship or traineeship

If you’re an apprentice or trainee and have issues with your employer, see Resolving issues with your apprenticeship or traineeship.

Other useful contacts

Office of the Training Advocate

The Office of the Training Advocate can help you with any concerns about vocational education and training. They can speak for you or negotiate on your behalf to resolve your training related problem or dispute.

For more information, call 1800 006 488 or visit the Office of the Training Advocate.

Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)

You can ask the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to investigate your complaint, if you have already:

  • made a complaint directly to your training provider, and
  • received a response which does not resolve your issue, and
  • requested an independent review of your complaint and your issue is still not resolved.

Students, training provider staff, employers, parents, industry, or community can lodge a complaint.

To find out how to make a complaint, call ASQA on 1300 701 801 or visit ASQA.

Share Print