Allowances can help you with the cost of starting and attending training.

Travel and Accommodation Allowance

If you’re a regional apprentice or trainee travelling more than 150km to attend training, you may be able to claim on your travel and accommodation costs.

You may be eligible if:

  • your current training contract is registered in South Australia
  • you travel more than 150km from your home to training
  • you live in South Australia’s rural regions.

To apply for the allowance, see Travel and Accommodation Allowance.

Equipped for Work

Get reimbursed for the costs of equipment or services needed to start your apprenticeship or traineeship, including:

  • tools, clothing and equipment
  • car licensing, registration or driving lessons
  • police checks and other clearances
  • medical assessments or drug tests.

You may be eligible for funding if you:

  • started your apprenticeship or traineeship after 7 September 2018
  • have a confirmed offer of employment under your apprenticeship or traineeship training contract as a new worker after 7 September 2018
  • show you need support to start or continue your apprenticeship or traineeship.

For more information, see Apply for Equipped for Work.


Share Print